Career at Amprius
Amprius is a start-up company located in Sunnyvale, California, that has developed
breakthrough silicon anode technologies to address the most significant pain points
for today’s mobile devices and electric vehicles – battery life and driving range.
Amprius’ core technologies are patented and patent pending silicon-carbon graphite
anodes, pure silicon anodes, silicon-enabling electrolytes, and silicon anode-based
Amprius is funded by world-leading venture capital firms and is currently designing
and selling the highest energy batteries on the market, with 15-30% more energy
per unit weight and volume than state-of-the-art batteries. Amprius products are
featured in a number of smartphones released in 2013 and 2014.
Amprius is looking for an experienced, creative and highly motivated Battery Engineer
to join our Battery Development group.
- Key role in the operation of the R&D cell and battery assembly and test labs
- Key role in designing different form factor batteries using Amprius’ silicon anodes
- Key role with the development and documentation of standard operating procedures
and safety procedures for testing cells and batteries.
- Operate battery test equipment, interpret results and prepare reports.
- Create and input test scripts for computer controlled automation of tests.
- Troubleshoot tests and equipment as needed.
- Mentor and supervise lab technicians as required.
- Perform equipment calibration and maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Optimize equipment usage in a dynamic environment.
- Support other departments and functions as needed.
- Committed to environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Engineering degree is required, electrical preferred.
- 5+ years in testing of batteries in R&D or production environment.
- Previous experience in collaborative work environments.
- Strong work ethic, highly accountable, and able to take ownership of lab functions.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills.
- Able to read, write, and understand work instructions and documentation.
- Takes initiative and is able to work with little or no supervision.
- Able to work in a clean room & low humidity environment as needed.
- Hands-on knowledge of battery and/or other electrochemical energy devices testing and design.
Please send resume and short cover letter (2 pdfs) on your interests in energy storage
and your organizational style to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include “Battery Engineer” in the subject line.
Amprius, Inc., 225 Humboldt Ct. Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Main office number: 800.425.8803
Email address: email@example.com